Carne Asada Quesadillas
- 1½ cups Cacique Manchego, shredded
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8 oz. of charbroiled steak, cut into strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can of green chile strips or roasted chilies
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (optional)
- Season steak strips with salt and pepper and cook on skillet over medium heat until fully cooked.
- Place a dry griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place a tortilla on the skillet and sprinkle with cheese.
- Add 2-4 strips of carne asada (charbroiled steak), roasted chilies, and tomato (if desired). Top with more Manchego cheese.
- Place another tortilla on top. Cook until light golden, about 1-2 minutes. Flip over and cook until golden brown.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.