- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 6 ounces Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeños
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons cup cilantro leaves
- 1/8 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 cups Cacique® Four Quesos Blend, divided
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions*
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, ground pork, Cacique® Pork Chorizo, egg, jalapeño, black olives, cilantro, onion, garlic, sesame seeds, and breadcrumbs together with your hands.
- Take a half cup of meat mixture and pat in out to a round disk about the size of the palm of your hand. Repeat until all meat mixture is shaped into 8 hamburger patties.
- In a large frying pan over a medium heat, heat vegetable oil. Fry each hamburger patty 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until center is cooked all the way through. Remove hamburger patties from pan and set aside.
- Place a comal or large pan over medium heat.
- Place flour tortilla in the middle of comal.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of Cacique® Four Quesos Blend over tortilla.
- Place 2 cooked hamburger patties over cheese.
- Add a tablespoon of caramelized onions over patties.
- Fold opposite end of tortilla over to cover hamburger patties and caramelized onions.
- Cook on each side until tortilla on the outside is golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from heat and cut in half.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.