- 1 – cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 – cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons – olive oil
- 1/4 – cup Cacique Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 – cup Cacique Crema Con Sal
- 2 – flour tortillas
- 1 – cup Cacique Four Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese
- 4 – porcini mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ - cup caramelized onions
- To Make Crema Pesto: Add basil leaves, garlic cloves, pine nuts, olive oil and cotija to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth and basil is minced down to small specks.
- Pour in Cacique Crema Con Sal.
- Blend again until creamy, thick and smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet or large pan over a medium flame.
- Place flour tortilla on hot skillet.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of Cacique Four Quesos Blend over tortilla.
- Place half of sliced mushrooms on one side of tortilla. Then top with 1/8 cup of caramelized onions.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons crema pesto.
- Fold opposite end of tortilla over to cover mushroom, onion, crema pesto.
- Cook on each side until tortilla is crisp and cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat and cut into quarters.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with remaining crema pesto for dipping.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.