Soy Chorizo and Egg Quesadillas
- 1 – avocado, pit removed
- 1/2 – cup Cacique Crema Con Sal
- 1 – teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ounces Cacique Soy Chorizo
- 3 – eggs, beaten
- 4 – corn tortillas
- 1 – cup Cacique Jalapeño Queso Quesadilla (grated)
- Add an avocado and Cacique Crema con Sal to a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan over a medium flame heat olive oil.
- Fry soy chorizo in olive oil breaking up with a wooden spoon or spatula. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour beaten eggs over cooked soy chorizo, and stir to combine. Continue to cook mixture until eggs are fully cooked, stirring occasionally. Cook for 7 minutes or until eggs are set. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet or large frying pan over a medium flame.
- Place a corn tortilla in the center of the hot skillet, add 1/4 cup cheese to the inside of the corn tortilla.
- Fold one side of the tortilla to the opposite end.
- Cook on both sides until outside is crisp and cheese has melted.
- Remove from skillet and fill the inside of the quesadilla with ¼ of the soy chorizo egg mixture.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients
- Serve quesadilla with avocado crema.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.