Apple Basil Quesadilla
- 1 cup of Cacique® Oaxaca (shredded)
- ½ cup of Cacique® Panela (crumbled)
- ½ of an apple (thinly sliced)
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 tablespoons of agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 tortillas
- Prep the ingredients and mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Then melt the butter on a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Once the butter is melted, place a tortilla in the skillet. Spread the Cacique® Oaxaca evenly over the tortilla.
- Evenly place a layer of the sliced apples and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over the surface. Add a layer of the basil leaves on top.
- Spread the Cacique® Panela over the top, cover with the second tortilla, and pat down. Once it the Cacique® Panela has started to melt, flip the quesadilla over and cook approximately 3 more minutes. Remove from the skillet and cut into quarters.
- Dust the top of the quesadilla with the rest of the cinnamon-sugar mixture and drizzle the agave syrup on top. Enjoy!
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.