Arrachera with Chimichurri Crema
- ½ teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ pounds arrachera steak (or flap steak)
- 8 fajita size corn or flour tortillas
- 2 cups Cacique® Manchego Cheese, shredded
- *For chimichurri *
- ½ cup (packed) flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup (packed) cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons (packed) fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- Combine bouillon, lime juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil and minced garlic in a re sealable bag. Add meat and shake, pressing with fingers to distribute marinade. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- While steak marinates, combine parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, bouillon, pepper and red wine vinegar in a food processor. Pulse until ingredients combine. Add olive oil in a slow stream. Pour onto a serving bowl and stir in crema. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry arrachera steak cuts 5 minutes on each side or until meat begins to brown. Remove from heat, transfer to a serving platter and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice in strips.
- Heat flour tortillas on a skillet over low-medium heat. Place 4-5 arrachera steak strips on one side of tortilla and sprinkle with ¼ cup cheese each. Fold and flip. Heat until tortilla is golden brown and cheese melts. Slice and serve with chimichurri sauce.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.