Avocado Supreme Quesadilla with Red Chile Sauce
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 cup Cacique® Enchilado Cheese, grated, divided
- 1 large ripe avocado, cut into chunks, divided
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tomatoes
- 16 fresh chiles de arbol, stems removed
- 5 garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot over a medium high heat add water and salt; bring to a boil.
- Add tomatoes and chile de arbol; boil for 30 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and add tomatoes and chile de arbol to a blender container. Add one cup of water from boiled chiles and tomatoes.
- Add garlic, oregano, salt and pepper to blender container, and blend on high until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a comal or large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Place flour tortilla in the middle of comal.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of Cacique® Enchilado Cheese over tortilla.
- Place ½ avocado chunks on one half of tortilla.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of red chile sauce.
- Fold opposite end of tortilla over to cover avocado and red chile sauce.
- Heat on each side until tortilla is golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from heat and cut in half.
- Repeat with remaining tortilla, enchilada, avocado, and red chile sauce for an additional quesadilla.
- Serve hot and pour additional red chile sauce over the top.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.