Blistered Tomato and Asparagus Quesadilla
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 roasted asparagus stalks with 1-inch cut off from bottoms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 cups Cacique® Manchego Cheese, grated, divided
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat, heat olive oil.
- Add tomato halves and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook on each side for approximately 7 to 8 minutes. Remove pan from flame. Set aside to cool.
- In a large frying pan over a medium heat, melt butter coating the pan.
- Add onions to pan and sauté for approximately 20 minutes; Stir frequently until onions are browned and caramelized.
- Transfer caramelized onions to a separate bowl and set aside.
- Heat a comal or large pan over a medium heat.
- Place one flour tortilla in the center.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of Cacique® Manchego cheese, 1 tablespoon blistered tomatoes, 2 asparagus spears, and 2 tablespoons caramelized onions.
- Fold tortilla in half and cook on each side until tortilla is golden brown, crisp and cheese has melted.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- To serve, transfer quesadillas to a cutting board and slice in half.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.