- 4 bacon strips, thick cut
- 2 fajita-size flour tortillas
- 1 cup Cacique® Manchego Cheese, grated, divided
- 4 tablespoons Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria, divided
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce, chopped, divided
- 1/2 cup tomato, finely chopped, divided
- Cook bacon on a heavy skillet over medium high heat until crispy. Transfer bacon strips to a paper lined plate to absorb grease and cool. Cut in small pieces. Set aside.
- Heat a comal or large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Place flour tortilla in the middle of comal.
- Sprinkle half tortilla with ½ cup grated Cacique® Manchego cheese.
- Top with ½ the amount of bacon pieces.
- Fold opposite end of tortilla over cheese and bacon.
- Heat on each side quesadilla until tortilla is golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from heat and cut in half.
- Repeat with remaining tortilla, cheese and bacon.
- To serve: place quesadillas on a serving plate. Top each half with 1 tablespoon crema, ¼ cup Romaine lettuce and 2 tablespoons chopped tomato.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.