Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla with Longaniza
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup Cacique® Longaniza, cooked, divided
- ½ cup Cacique® Enchilado Cheese, shredded, divided
- 4 slices of Cacique® Cotija Cheese (cut approximately 1”x2”)
- 2 large flour tortillas
- In a bowl, mix to combine chicken and buffalo sauce.
- Heat a comal or large pan over medium heat.
- In a small non-stick skillet over medium heat, place Cotija slices. Heat until cheese browns creating an outer-crust. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place flour tortilla in the center of comal.
- Spoon in ½ cup chicken mixture, 2 tablespoons cooked Longaniza and a ¼ cup Enchilado cheese; distributing ingredients evenly. Top with 2 encrusted Cotija slices.
- Fold tortilla over and cook until tortilla is golden brown and crisp and cheese has melted.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Transfer quesadillas to a cutting board. cut in half and serve.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.