Butternut Squash and Honey Crema Quesadilla
- 4 tablespoons Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup spiral butternut squash
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 cup Cacique® Manchego, grated
- 2 tablespoons candied pecans, chopped
- 6 - 1/2 inch thick slices of granny smith apple
- How to make honey crema: Whisk Cacique® Crema Mexicana and honey in a small bowl. Set to the side.
- How to prepare the spiral butternut squash: Heat olive oil in a small frying pan over a medium high heat add in olive oil; add butternut squash. Sauté butternut squash for 4- 5 minutes or until tender. Set to the side.
- Heat a comal or large pan over medium high heat. Place tortilla in middle of pan. Sprinkle ½ cup Cacique® Manchego on half the tortilla.
- Layer 3 slices of apple over cheese; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chopped candied pecans and ¼ cup butternut squash.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons honey crema; fold opposite side of tortilla to cover figs/Manchego. Cook on each side until tortilla is golden.
- Remove from heat and cut into quarters. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with remaining honey crema for dipping.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.