Chicken Fajita Quesadilla
- ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/3 onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 red or green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime
- 4 large burrito style flour tortillas
- 2 cups Cacique® Queso Quesadilla, shredded
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with taco seasoning.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and fry for 5-7 minutes until completely cooked. Transfer chicken to a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Heat another tablespoon oil in previously used skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes until slightly translucent. Add bell pepper and cook for 4-6 minutes. Stir in chicken and cook for 4 more minutes stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Carefully wipe skillet clean with paper towel. Heat over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the center of the skillet and sprinkle half of tortilla with ½ cup Cacique® Queso Quesadilla. Top with ¼ of the fajita mixture and fold other half of tortilla over. Flip quesadilla over when cheese has melted and tortilla is golden brown. Heat top half until tortilla is golden brown. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with cilantro crema.
- To make cilantro crema: Combine crema, cilantro, lime juice and salt in a blender container. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a small serving bowl.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.