Chicken Mole Quesadillas
- 1 cup mole paste
- 2 tablespoons Mexican chocolate
- 2 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded into large pieces, warmed
- 1 1/3 cup Cacique® Manchego, shredded
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup Cacique® Queso Fresco, crumbled plus more for garnish
- 4 flour tortillas
- Combine mole paste, Mexican chocolate and peanut butter in a medium saucepan. Add 1-2 tablespoons water and stir until chocolate has dissolved and mole sauce has heated through, season with salt. Fold in chicken, lightly covering with mole sauce. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat tortillas on a comal or skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup Cacique® Manchego, top with chicken/mole mixture and top with sesame seeds and Cacique® Queso Fresco. Fold tortilla over and flip. Continue heating until tortilla is golden and Manchego has melted. Garnish with more Queso Fresco.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.