- 2 - Poblano chiles
- 3 – eggs, separate yolks from whites
- 1/4 – cup vegetable oil
- 1 – cup Cacique Manchego Cheese Grated
- 2 – flour tortillas
- spicy tomato sauce (optional)
- Rub a small amount of vegetable oil on poblano chiles.
- Burn chiles over an open flame until entire chile is charred.
- Place charred chiles in an airtight container or plastic bag for 10 minutes, and allow it to steam in it’s own heat.
- Under a low stream of water, carefully peel burnt skin off each chile.
- Pat dry chiles with paper towel, and set to the side.
- Heat vegetable oil to a frying pan over a medium flame.
- While oil is heating, prepare egg mixture.
- In a mixer, add egg whites and mix on high until peaks form.
- Add egg yolks to egg whites and stir lightly until combined.
- Dip chiles into egg mixture and then place in the hot oil. Fry on each side until egg is golden on the outside.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Heat skillet or large pan over a medium flame.
- Place tortilla in the middle of skillet, and sprinkle a 1/2 cup of grated Cacique Manchego cheese on one half of the tortilla.
- Top cheese with chile relleno and a drizzle of spicy tomato sauce.
- Fold opposite side of tortilla over the chile relleno to cover.
- Cook on each side until tortilla is crisp on the outside and cheese has melted.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients and serve.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.