Fig and Caramelized Onion Quesadilla
- 4 tablespoons Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 cup Cacique® Manchego, shredded
- ½ cup sliced dried or fresh figs
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 4 tablespoons caramelized onions
- Whisk Crema Mexicana and honey together. Set to the side.
- Heat comal or large pan over a medium flame.
- Place tortilla in middle of pan.
- Sprinkle ½ cup Manchego cheese on half of tortilla. Layer half of fig slices on Manchego cheese, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios and 2 tablespoons caramelized onions.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons honey crema. Fold opposite side of tortilla to cover cheese and figs.
- Cook on each side until tortilla is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and cut into quarters.
- Make additional quesadilla with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with remaining sweet crema for dipping.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.