Jalapeño Pesto Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 Cacique® Panela, cut in 1x2-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- ¾ cup ready-made basil pesto
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and veins removed, chopped
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- 1 cup boiled chicken breast, shredded
- 4 flour tortillas
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Fry Cacique® Panela slices until golden on both sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place pesto and jalapeño in a blender container. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil l in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and stir in pesto.
- Heat skillet or comal over medium heat. Warm one tortilla at a time, place 3-4 slices of fried panela on one side of tortilla, spoon in a fourth of pesto/chicken mixture over Cacique® Panela. Fold tortilla over, flip and warm until heated through. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.