- 1 – cup Cacique Crema Mexicana Agria
- 1 – cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 – teaspoon salt
- 2 – pita breads
- 1 – cup Cacique Machego Cheese, grated
- 1 – cup cooked lamb slices, warm
- 1/4 – cup caramelized onions, warm
- 8 – Castelvetrano olives, pitted
- 1/2 – green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- Place Cacique Crema Mexicana Agria, mint leaves, and salt in a blender and blend till smooth. Set to the side.
- Heat a skillet or large pan over a medium low flame.
- Using a sharp knife cut a half inch off the top of each of the pita breads to allow an opening. Using your hand stick your fingers into the opening of each of the pitas and slightly separate the two sides of the breads making a pocket.
- Stuff each pita pocket with a 1/2 –cup of Cacique Manchego Cheese.
- Place the pitas on the skillet to heat and melt the cheese.
- Once the cheese is melted remove the pitas from the skillet and stuff each pita with 1/2 cup lamb slices, 1/8 cup caramelized onions, 4 Castelvetrano olives, and a few slices of green apple.
- Place back on the skillet and heat for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove from heat and drizzle mint crema inside of the pita pocket.
- Serve with remaining crema.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.