Potato Pancake & Mushroom Quesadilla
- 1 large potato, peeled and boiled till fork tender
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- 4-ounce cream cheese (about ½ package), room temperature
- 1/2 cup Cacique® Four Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Cacique® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 1 large portabella mushroom, sliced and grilles
- 3 flour tortillas
- Add potato, green onion, cream cheese, Cacique® Four Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese. Blend, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat on medium speed until creamy and completely combined. Chill mixture in refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours to overnight.
- Lightly coat non-stick pan with olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Remove potato mixture from refrigerator and scoop out a heaping spoonful onto palms of hands. Roll the mixture and pat into a 2 ½-inch pancake.
Fry the potato pancake on each side until crisp. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate, until ready to assemble in quesadilla. Continue until all potato mixture is used.
- Heat a comal or large pan over a medium heat. Place tortilla in middle of pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup Cacique® Queso Fresco on half of tortilla. Layer a few potato pancakes on top of Cacique® Queso Fresco.
- Top with a few slices of grilled Portobello mushroom. Fold opposite side of tortilla to cover potato pancakes/mushrooms. Cook on each side until tortilla on the outside is crisp.
- Remove from heat and cut into quarters. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.