- 4 small flour tortillas
- ½ cup Cacique® Cotija cheese
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- *For bacon guacamole:*
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 stripe cooked bacon
- To prepare tortillas, spread pumpkin puree on top. In a medium-sized pan sauté spinach and mushrooms in olive oil. Add spinach and mushroom mix on top of pumpkin. Sprinkle Cacique® cojita cheese crumbles on top with crushed red pepper flakes and salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl mash avocado, add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Stir and continue mashing to combine. Top with finely chopped bacon pieces.
- In the sauté pan on medium heat warm filled tortillas flipped after a few seconds until lightly browned on each side.
- Top hot quesadillas with additional Cacique® cojita cheese, bacon guacamole and enjoy!
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.