Salchipapas Quesadilla with Salsa Rosada
- 2 cups frozen tater tots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced beef hot dogs
- 6 fajita size flour tortillas
- 2 cups Cacique® Manchego, shredded
- *For salsa rosada*
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Cacique® Crema Salvadoreña
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Combine mayonnaise, Cacique® Crema Salvadoreña, ketchup and lime juice in a medium bowl. Stir to combine all ingredients. Transfer to a serving bowl cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Bake tater tots according to package instructions.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add hot dogs and fry for 5 minutes stirring frequently until they begin to brown. Add tater tots to hot dogs and fold for about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat skillet or comal over medium heat. Place tortilla and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Top with ½ cup tater tot and hot dog mixture then top with 2 more tablespoons of cheese. Fold tortilla, flip and heat until tortilla is golden brown and cheese has completely melted. Slice and serve with salsa rosada.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.