Spinach and Artichoke Quesadilla
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 ½ cups artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup Cacique® Queso Fresco, crumbled, divided
- ½ cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- 4 flour tortillas
- Heat oil in a large skillet over low-medium heat.
- Add onion to skillet and cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Place drained spinach in between two paper towels. Squeeze to remove any excess liquid. Add spinach to skillet and stir.
- Add artichoke hearts to skillet, stirring and breaking them apart with large spoon.
- Add Cacique® Crema Mexicana. Stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Sprinkle in ½ cup Cacique® Queso Fresco and continue to cook until most liquid has evaporated. Set aside. Discard any liquid left from the mixture.
- Place a comal or large pan over medium heat.
- Place flour tortilla in the center of comal.
- Spoon in ½ cup spinach/artichoke mixture and top with 2 tablespoons of remaining queso fresco.
- Fold tortilla over and cook until tortilla is golden brown and crisp.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- To serve, transfer quesadillas to a cutting board, cut in half and serve.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.