Spinach, Mushroom & Chorizo Quesadillas
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 10 oz Cacique® pork chorizo
- 2 cups chopped portobello mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup grated Cacique® Manchego cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cacique® Cotija cheese
- 4 lime wedges (optional, for garnishing)
- fresh cilantro (optional, for garnishing)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half (optional, for garnishing)
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the casting, add the chorizo. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to break the meat, until completely separated. You don’t need any seasoning.
- Add the mushrooms. Cook for 4-5 more minutes, until they release some liquid and it has almost evaporated. The mushrooms should absorb the seasoning from the chorizo.
- Chorizo should be fully cooked and reach an internal temperature of 160F.
To make the quesadillas:
- Brush an 8-inch cast iron skillet with melted butter. Heat over medium heat.
- Add one tortilla.
- Spread 2 tbsp grated Manchego cheese on the bottom.
- Add 1/4 of the cooked chorizo and mushrooms.
- Top with 1/2 cup of fresh spinach. Top with 2 more tablespoons of grated Manchego cheese.
- Add a second tortilla on top. Brush with butter.
- Carefully flip the quesadilla. Cook for 2 more minutes, until browned.
- Remove from the skillet. Slice.
- Top with 1 tbsp crumbled Cotija cheese, lime wedge, cilantro and slices cherry tomatoes.
- Serve with Cacique® Cilantro Lime Sour Cream.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.