Strawberry Cheesecake Quesadilla
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 5-ounce Cacique® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 8 - ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup almond cookie crumbs
- 4 flour tortillas
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Heat a small sauce pan over a low medium flame. Add strawberry jam and stir until a syrup consistency is reached; about 5 minutes.
Fold in fresh strawberries to strawberry syrup and set to the side until ready to use.
- Combine Cacique® Queso Fresco, cream cheese, and almond extract in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until completely combined. Add in powdered sugar and cookie crumbs, continue mixing with electric mixer until smooth.
- Heat comal or skillet over medium flame. Place tortilla in middle of pan. Spread 1/4 of cheese mixture on one side of the tortilla. Fold opposite side of tortilla to cover cheese mixture. Heat on each side until tortilla is golden crisp.
- Remove from heat and cut into quarters. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Arrange quesadillas on a plate and drizzle with strawberry syrup and strawberry pieces. Dust with confectioner’s sugar and serve.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.