Vegetarian Deluxe Breakfast Quesadilla with Roasted Garlic Crema
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 container of Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 Cacique® Soy Chorizo
- 2 flour tortillas
- 1 cup Cacique® Manchego, shredded
- 1 fried egg
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place garlic cloves in an oven proof bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove garlic from oven and place in a blender blender container. Add ground mustard and Cacique Crema Mexicana. Blend until smooth. Place to the side.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over a medium flame.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes. Add Cacique® Soy Chorizo and mix to combine for 5 minutes. Add spinach and continue stirring for 2 minutes. Set to the side.
- Heat comal or large pan over medium flame.
- Place tortilla in center of pan. Sprinkle Manchego cheese on tortilla. Top with mushroom and spinach mixture. Cover with second tortilla. Cook on each side until tortillas are golden brown. Remove from heat and top with egg. Slice into quarters and serve with roasted garlic crema.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.