Zucchini Blossom Corn Shrimp Quesadillas
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 16 zucchini blossoms, stamens removed and torn
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups CaciqueⓇ Panela cheese, grated
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 8 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- Salt and freshly ground pepper for seasoning
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves for serving
- Serrano chile peppers for serving
- Lime wedges for serving
- ¼ cup CaciqueⓇ queso fresco for serving
- CaciqueⓇ Cilantro Lime sour cream for serving
- In a small skillet, over medium high heat, add olive oil, onion, and garlic, and saute until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until pink, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Place a large cast iron pan over medium high heat.
- Place a tortilla in the pan. Sprinkle each tortilla with ½ cup of shredded Panela cheese, top with ¼ cup of corn kernels, 4 zucchini blossoms, and shrimp. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place another tortilla over the top and press down firmly to make a sandwich.
- Cook the tortillas for 3 minutes then flip them over and cook for another 2 minutes until the cheese has melted and quesadillas are golden and charred. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Move the cooked quesadillas to a chopping board and cut them into quarters.
- When ready to serve, place the quesadillas on a large plate, sprinkle with queso fresco and serve with cilantro, Serrano chile peppers, and sour cream.
how-to guide to making the perfect quesadilla.